Wednesday 1 June 2011

And So Begins June...

Well, May sort of came and went in a mindless blur - for me, that is.  I know, I complain about the wretched heat all the time, but I can't help it.  Its to blame for almost everything, like a handy excuse to pull out when needed.  In this case, however, it's not an excuse, but the truth.  May was a blistering hot month, filled with mugginess and still air that it infiltrated into my brains and festered - among other things, but we won't get into that.  But, I did manage to hack out chapter after chapter of my current work in progress.

And yesterday, on the last day of the month, I received my edits for The Eternal Knot from my editor.  So, while there's "no rush" for me to attend to them, I am unable to keep my hands off it and have already begun to scour it.  Not bad, as edits go...in fact, really good, so far.  But I shouldn't get myself bogged down with it, since next month draws near and the release of The Master Key is on schedule.

So, my plans for this month?  Let's see...
I've scheduled a few exchange blog posts with some writer friends, and I'll be sure to inform you of the dates.  Next on my list is creating a book trailer for The Master Key.  Of course, I've no idea what to do yet.  Sigh...this heat, you see.  Makes the creative juices grow sluggish.  I know, excuses, excuses.  Also on the plate is getting some printing done, like flyers and more bookmarks, all geared for July when I attend my first "con."

And somewhere in between all that, I foresee the completion of the first draft of my WIP, Bengaria's War.  I think I'm more excited about that than anything else.  It's been a whole year since I completed the last book (okay, the first draft, cause I actually completed the final draft late last year).  And it's been a whole year since my mind was swamped with Lancaster stuff.  It's a refreshing change to be neck-deep in Bengaria's world.

But I've digresses as the treacle syrup in my brains gets runnier...

Look out for June 10, as I have fellow SFR writer A.R. Norris over for some nosy questions.  Her very first published book, Duty and Devotion, is due out June 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment