Monday 5 March 2012

A Review: Amabasadora

Continuing with my Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge, I selected Ambasadora by Heidi Ruby Miller as my third book for this challenge.

Ambasadora is just one of those books that swallow you whole. Heidi Ruby Miller created an amazing and detailed world, from scent bots, intra-tats to wrist reporters. Don't know what those are? You'll just have to find out for yourself...but I wish I had them.  Oh, and a cender!
 
The story dragged me into Sara Mendoza's world, including the other players, like Sean, Rainer (who I had a particular sweet spot for, regardless), David, and even some of the more 'annoying' characters that were needed in the story to give it the right amount of depth...and thankfully died.

In Sara's world, it's riddled with dangerous contractors, fanatic fraggers, and a ruthless sovereign in a world segregated and corrupted through the vast generations. Completely believable, completely engrossing, completely addictive. I'm so glad Miller wrote a 'prequel' in the form of Greenshift, since giving up the world she created isn't going to be easy.


My next book for this challenge, will be Forever War by Joe Halderman.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your time in the Ambasadora-verse, T. K.!

    I wish I had some of that tech, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, indeed. Took me some time to finish because of multiple distractions, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank YOU! :)

      Delete