Friday 31 August 2012

SFFSat - Sept 01

Well, I'm back.
After a short break (and a little holiday) I'm back on board with the SFFSat snippets.

SFFSat is a place where a bunch of us post snippets from our written works and also shoot the breeze a little. And before I get ahead of myself, thanks and appreciation as always to those who stop by and leave fantastic comments.

This week, I'm posting a snippet from To Catch A Marlin, a more or less finalized WIP due out this October with Ring of Fire Publishing. A futuristic cat and mouse tale involving Special Inspector Pedroni and the vigilante Jax Marlin, who just happens to be a super sexy woman with ninja skills.

Today, we have the very first opening lines to the story...


“Pedroni!”
Special Inspector Michael Pedroni peered up from writing his report to find Chief Inspector Aoki briskly walking towards his desk. The CI looked irritated, which meant something crawled up his aft orifice and laid eggsand now he was about to hatch them all over Pedroni.
CI Aoki dropped a memory sphere and a flimsy report folder on Pedroni’s desk. “The El Sayed case, it’s yours with an upgrade.”
Pedroni narrowed his eyes. “The kidnapping caseI thought that was Boucher’s.”
“Well the ever-efficient Boucher decided he’d rather have a burst appendix.” Aoki fussed with his tie, a favored habit when something bothered him. “Bulletin on the case, it’s no longer a kidnapping.”

If you are interested in participating in next weeks SFFSat, just click HERE, and follow the rules. Sign up is open every Wednesday - and if you're on Twitter, use the #SFFSat hashtag.

Cheers!

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back, TK!

    Great dialog!! And nice set up--thrusting us right into the action with your wonderful humor.

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, thank you!! Admittedly, this first chapter has been giving me endless gripe. Glad it works now. :)

      Delete
  2. Well if it's not a kidnapping what is it?? Great way to set the story. Good luck with the release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, good question! And it's not a murder either.... :) Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. I can't stop smiling and laughing about the "crawled up his aft orifice" sentence...hee hee. :-)

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruh roh, Raggy! Complications from the get-go! Great start! I loved the laying eggs line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I did like that line myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeee!! I love this story, but you knew that. Fantastic opening! I cannot WAIT for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a kidnapping, but is seemed like one at first, but not a murder either... A runaway, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weirdness...could have sworn I posted a comment earlier this morning...????

    I laughed and chuckled out loud at the aft orifice line. Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens...memory is a weird thing indeed. ;)

      Glad you liked the line. I loved it too!!!

      Delete
  9. Hmmm. If it's not a kidnapping, what is it? Doesn't sound good to me.

    ReplyDelete