Friday 13 September 2013

SFFSat - Sept 14

Science Fiction Fantasy Saturday (SFFSat) is a place where a bunch of us post snippets from our written works and also shoot the breeze a little. And before I get ahead of myself, thanks and appreciation as always to those who stop by and leave fantastic comments.


It's been a long time since I last participated. I took a break in the form of a nice long holiday, hopefully to recharge and reboot, as we humans need to do every once in a while.
Now onto to the snippet. Still continuing with my madcap ramble about the dinosaur-dragon on an abandoned ship...last time we met up with our two bumbling heroes, 
they were scrambling to make their way back to their drop ship.

A little preamble for those who don't know: Two characters on an old ship that looked like it originated from the 1960s. They discover a creature that looks suspiciously like a dinosaur, but more like a dragon...they scramble.
You can catch the previous ones:
Part 1: here.
Part 2: here.
Part 3: here.
Part 4: here.
Part 5: here.
Part 6: here.

And now for this week...

We belched out a doorway, one we’d noticed earlier that had suspicious scorch marks and long scratches. If only we’d taken heed then and not ventured further. Curse curiosity!
Tumbling onto the main deck, we sighted our drop ship waiting for us. Wisps of exhausts from the idling thrusters caught the ocean breeze and dissolved; the homely grey and black vessel never looked better.
I slapped a hand to my ear, activating the audial implant and alerted our on board computer. "Prepare for immediate take offand open the door now!"
“Affirmative,” a reply tweaked into my air, directly followed by the hatch doors sliding open.

If you are interested in participating in next weeks SFFSat, just click HERE, and follow the rules. Sign up is open every Wednesday - and if you're on Twitter, use the #SFFSat hashtag.



Cheers!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, come on. Getting away can't be that simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell a setup. Can't be that easy. The Dino-Dragon's in the drop ship! The Dino-Dragon's in the drop ship! Run! Okay - now I have to wait a whole week to see how you complicate things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, now there's a good idea. Alas, not the case...

      Delete
  3. I agree. It's a bit too easy. Always makes me suspicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think everything will be okay. See, everyone THINKS something's going to happen, that's why when NOTHING happens, well, that's when everyone is really shocked.

    I think they'll fly away - possibly do some shopping.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping? Did you say shopping? What an excellent idea!! :)

      Delete
    2. What good's a dropship if you don't fill it with new shoes.

      Delete
  5. HAHA! Hindsight is always 20/20. "Curse curiosity!" - Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Isn't that always the case! Danger curiosity... ;)

      Delete
  6. Yeah. I'm also waiting for this to go bad... really bad! *sigh

    ReplyDelete